“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, Season 1 Game of Thrones.
September is usually associated with the start of a new school year. Below I have listed a few of my favourite books that I have read this year. In the spirit of the school syllabus, I have separated the must-reads from the optional readings.
Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman
Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Demand by Adrian Slywotzky
- Tilted: The Trials of Conrad Black, 2nd Edition by Steven Skurka
- The Happy Lawyer: Making a Good Life in the Law by Douglas O. Linder
- Tomorrow’s Lawyers by Richard Susskind
- Freakonomics/Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner